Thursday, September 25, 2014

The “C” Word – Day 47 No More Work

Today was my last day of work – well, only for a week.  But it is my turn to occupy George’s time until surgery day.  Fortunately, there are a couple of fun events schedule for Sat. and Sun. evening so others will be able to help out.
I went to work early to get a head start on preparing to get everything in place as much as possible for those working next week.  It has been busy this week and it took a good part of the desk just to uncover the mess of messages, files and such.  It was good to keep busy.
I am so thankful for employers and co-workers who have really been so gracious about the time off I need to help George.  While next week and then again in three weeks (as I work for a week in between those two separate weeks) will be a lot of work for me, there will also be more follow up appointments in the weeks after surgery and during which time George will not be driving.  Of course, it is important for a second set of ears at any appointments so even when he is driving I will accompany him.
I can tell George is having a harder time today.  Not sure if it is because he did not get his now-routine nap in or if it is the fact that we are now just four days from surgery – or maybe it is the “tastes like house lint” drinks he has to take three times a day.  These days it is easy to read his emotions.  Maybe we should catch up on some of our favorite shows that we have recorded.  That could help some.  I think I will suggest that!!  We should be able to get at least one in before we retire for the night!!


No comments:

Post a Comment