Sunday, August 17, 2014

The C Word – Day 8 Song Therapy

It is said that music soothes the soul.  For me, music does so many things.  It can make me clap along or tap my feet in time with the beat of the music.
There are also many times I act like a conductor, my hands moving to the beat as if there is an orchestra in front of me.  1-2-3, 1-2-3.  I’m sure people in the car next to me are wondering what I am doing!
Music can make me dance… in the aisles…. of the department store.  Just ask my kids.  They used to be embarrassed.  Now they do the same thing!
Music can take me back in time.  Childhood memories.  Learning to dance the Cha Cha to “I heard it through the grapevine”.  I still find myself doing that when I hear the song today.  So much good music back in the 60’s and 70’s.  Some songs emitting stronger memories than others – most of them good ones.
Music can be nostalgic in a sad way sometimes, making me miss someone who has gone on ahead to Heaven.
Music can make my heart sing with joy – and can make me fall on my knees in desperate prayer.  Sometimes, especially in church in worship, it can bring me to tears.  There is nothing more powerful than singing the Lord’s Prayer with a church full of believers.  Is God present?  You bet!
The power of song.
These past few days upon awakening there has always been a song playing in my head.  Songs I have not heard or sung in a while.  Bubbling up.  I know that God is putting them there for me.  I feel like a record player (huh? What’s that?!)
This is today’s song.
"I Love You, Lord"

I love you, Lord
And I lift my voice
To worship You
Oh, my soul, rejoice!

Take joy my King
In what You hear
Let it be a sweet, sweet sound
In Your ear


You, my Lord, I sing to you.  I lift my heart and soul up in fervent prayer today.  I give You thanks and praise that you have provided us with many prayer warriors, many concerned friends willing to step up to the plate and take this journey by our side.  I am totally, utterly humbled at such a time as this.  While I have had to toss aside my will, my plans, I submit to Your will. There will be tears along the way because of my human nature, I don’t always like my plans to be changed on me.  I will do my best to listen for that “still, small voice”, the one that will nudge me to move according to Your plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment