Wednesday, July 6, 2016

The “C” Word - The Next Chapter, Day 12 - Sometimes A Prayer Will Do

This week, rather than walk the treadmill at the gym after doing my weight work out, I decided to walk around the neighborhood.  It is a much nicer walk and I get some fresh air.  It also gives me the opportunity to have time to think and process life’s events without the distraction of others around me.  I put in my ear buds, turn on my iPod and listen to soundtracks that I love.  My playlist is called “Easy Listening” and has a myriad of songs ranging from the 60’s through near current – groups such as The Eagles, Neil Diamond, Elton John, The Carpenters, Barry Manilow, Celtic Woman, Il Divo, Josh Groban, Hillsong, Twila Paris.  You can see it is quite an eclectic group ranging from some classic players to Christian singers.  I use the shuffle feature so I never know what is coming up next.
I end all of my workouts (I do Pilates on the days I don’t go to the gym so I try to get 5 or 6 days of some sort of activity) by searching for a Christian song which then ends with me on my knees in prayer.  These days I pray long and hard for George and all that he is enduring, I pray for the “lost” daughter, lost to us at this point in our lives.  I pray for each of our other daughters, their spouses and their families.  I pray for all who are suffering, especially those who have PMP.  I lift up those who have lost their battles recently. 
Today, the song that popped up on my song list was “Sometimes a Prayer Will Do”.  I had to hit the repeat button because it was so lovely.  It speaks to me. I have absolute faith that we will get through these uncertain times.  However, I also know that sometimes God answers in ways we do not understand.  I try my best to be positive, to know that this latest journey is merely a bump in the road.  I pray that George comes out on “the other side” of the surgery cancer free.  I don’t believe that God using him here on earth.  So, today, just like every other day, I pray.  On my knees… I pray. 

Sometimes A Prayer Will Do
Sometimes we stumble
Sometimes we even fall
And we can't find a friend
Can't comprehend it all
And we are lost
With nothing to hold on to
When we can't find the answer
Sometimes a prayer will do
And though we wonder
Uncertain if we will get through
To face the future
Sometimes a prayer will do
Sometimes we reach
for what's not really there
Sometimes we lose our grip
Come tumbling through midair
And we are searching
For something to hold on to
When we can't find the answer
Sometimes a prayer will do
And though we wonder
Uncertain if we will get through
To face the future
Sometimes a prayer will do
Yeah, we are stronger
Somehow we know we will get through
To face the future
Sometimes a prayer will do
Sometimes a prayer will do


If you would like to listen to this version sung by Celtic Woman, put this link in your browser.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0nqQIBpkyU

No comments:

Post a Comment