Sunday, July 24, 2016

The C Word – A New Battle Day 3.5 - Horrible Night

Long, long night.  It actually started while I was preparing my blog journal for the day.  Constant up and down for adjustments, etc.  This process went on just about all night long. 
Hot or cold meant blanket up or down.  Back hurt, head up, head down, pillow underneath back  - no take it out.  Ice chips. Barf bucket. Call the nurse.  Make adjustments.  Sit in bed – sit in chair – no back to bed.  Constant, constant demands to try to make him comfortable.
At midnite I finally told him he needed to call and use just the nursing staff as I was exhausted and my meds were kicking in and making me loopy.  I had to lie down for a short bit. 
Got in a snooze for about 1 ½ hours after the gave George some anti-nausea meds AND a sleep aid.  I believe he slept for about an hour.  Then, the nausea woke him up and therefore I was also up. 
I got a little snippy.  Seemed like every time I climbed back into bed I had to get up again.  If I just sat and waited for something to happen, it didn’t.  At one point I actually sat in the chair next to his bed with a pillow resting against the bed. I think it was 2:30 - he fell asleep for about an hour to hour and a half.  He will say he did not sleep because he threw up and then the nurse came in.  I told him I was sleeping right next to him and that could not possibly have happened.  He argued with me!?  Really?
Up at 4:30 and back in a chair.  Dry heaves.  Cold.  Just not feeling well.  Might as well do the morning weigh in.  Down 3 pounds so he is losing some of the extra fluids though his hands are still swollen.
6AM – Back to bed.  He appears to be sleeping at least for now.  I think I will try as well.

Horrible horrible night after a fairly decent day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment