Tuesday, August 19, 2014

The C Word – Day 10 Meeting some professionals

Yesterday was rough, one of those “I can’t put my finger on it but am feeling out of sorts” kind of day.  I was able to meet my new general doctor.  I had been looking for a new one since the last two I have had bailed out of the office practice.  I rather liked what the D.O. (Doctor of Osteopathy – treating the whole body by preventative methods) and wanted to find another.  Actually, my daughter found this one.  First female doctor I have ever had.  (Of course, considering I did not use that many doctors at all until I was nearly forty….. well, enough said.)  The appointment started out well enough but soon I commented on the fact that my BP may be a little high today because we just found out my husband has cancer.  As I teared up, so did she.  Then she came over and gave me a hug.  I commented that a male doctor would never have done that and we both laughed a little.  Long story short, I think I will like this doctor and know that she will do her best to keep me on track through this ordeal.
Today has been somewhat better.  My dear college room mate, Sherri, sent me a CD of some old familiar tunes of hymns from our church when we were younger.  This particular album was sung by a young man who was popularly known to us in the 1970's.  I plugged that CD into my car and listened to it on the way to work.  Although I left the Christian Science faith many years ago, there was comfort in the words and comfort in the familiar tunes.  Thank you to a friend who knows how much music means to me.  
Tonight we both are meeting with a psychologist to start the process of learning some new or better coping skills.  Having been this route before, I know that it will be helpful – though painful in its’ own way.
This morning I woke up with a tune in my head.  I couldn’t remember the lyrics, but I did remember who sang the song and had to search for it on the internet.  It is from an artist I heard when she toured with the Women of Faith group.  She has a deep, rich voice and if you get a chance to look her up I think you will enjoy some of her songs.

Heaven Knows Lyrics
Artist: Kathy Troccoli

I can hear the rain
Falling on my rooftop
And every drop just seems to be
The cry inside of me

I can feel the pain
Falling on this world
While life can be so fine in here
I yearn to be up there

Heaven knows
All of what I long to know
Promises of love I'll live forever

Heaven rules
Far beyond where my heart goes
What we could do if only all the world knew
What heaven knows

There would be no fear
There would be no sorrow
The pride that rules the souls of men
We'd never see again

Heaven knows
All of what I long to know
Promises of love, I'll live forever

Heaven rules
Far beyond where my heart goes
What we could do if only all the world knew
What heaven knows

One day we'll see
We will be home together free forever

Heaven knows
All of what I long to know
Promises of love I'll live forever

Heaven rules
Far beyond where my heart goes
What we could do if only all the world knew
What heaven knows
Read more at http://www.songlyrics.com/kathy-troccoli/heaven-knows-lyrics/#pfYESoZ5vMOFM8tJ.99

No comments:

Post a Comment