Thursday, June 14, 2018

The C Word – Chemo Day Three



Chemo day three of round number 1.  Just as people told us, George started to tank a bit today.  He awoke tired and stayed tired all day.  He took something like three naps (a 2 hour one and two 1-hour ones).  He ate pretty well and drank what he should… but kept falling asleep.  Good thing I know the schedule and would wake him up for nausea meds and to drink fluids as staying hydrated is so important.
He now is “pump free” and looks forward to a shower in the morning!
I finally got my sewing machine back after over a week in the shop.  I have missed “my baby” and immediately set to work finishing a wedding gift for my niece.  I have a backlog of things I want to work on so am glad that the machine is working again so I can sew while George sleeps. 
I anticipate that he will be like this for at least another day and maybe two.  That is what we heard … so we shall see.    
He has not really had any bad nausea spells.  Aside from slight foot tingling, so far the side effects have been minimal. 


No comments:

Post a Comment