Monday, July 18, 2016

The “C” Word - The Next Chapter, Day 24 - Preparations

The past few days have been difficult as noted in my previous blog.  I sit and watch helplessly as George goes back and forth to the bathroom.  I see him becoming more anxious.  I note that he looks rather sorrowful or depressed or concerned.  I can see the physical discomfort he is going through.
And I am making notes about what needs to take place over the next few days both at home and at work.  What do I need to get accomplished at work to prepare other staff to cover for me while I am gone.  What do I want to take with me to keep me busy in the waiting room on Wednesday.  What do I need to bring with me once I start staying at the hospital. 
And I contemplate all the “what ifs” that can take place during and after surgery.  Just what will need to take place?  What happens if….during surgery?  What will George be like after surgery?  While we all pray for a successful surgery and faster recovery – I also know that God doesn’t always answer prayers the way we expect. 
So… I pray… a lot… and I listen to my Christian music on my iPod or iPhone. I find peace and hope and power when I tune out all else and just let myself listen or sing to the words of God given to the musicians who make this beautiful music. I sing for joy and I cry in humbleness. I looked for some new songs to add to my favorites list.  And I found one that is absolutely my new favorite.  It is titled Here as in Heaven and is sung by a group called Elevation Worship. 
Here are the Lyrics:
The atmosphere is changing now
For the spirit of the Lord is here
The evidence is all around
That the spirit of the Lord is here
Overflow in this place
Fill our hearts with your love
Your love surround us
You're the reason we came
To encounter your love
Your love surround us
Spirit of God fall fresh on us
We need your presence
Your kingdom come
Your will be done
Here as in heaven
A miracle can happen now
For the spirit of the Lord is here
The evidence is all around
That the spirit of the Lord is here

I pray for a miracle, Lord.  May we feel your spirit in our home for the next few days.  Make your presence known in the operating room.  Make your presence known with all who come in contact with George or myself during our hospital stay.  You already know the outcome and I am doing my best to turn all of my fears and anxieties over to you.  Hear my prayers.

If you choose to hear this lovely song, here is the link.  Just close your eyes and listen.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0C_lPro_xk


1 comment:

  1. Dawn, we continue to pray for you and George that you both find His peace that defies understanding.

    Remember we all must wait on the Lord, He is good...

    “O my God, I trust in You; let me not be ashamed; let not my enemies triumph over me. Indeed, let no one who waits on You be ashamed” (Ps. 25:2-3 nkjv)

    “Show me Your ways, O Lord; teach me Your paths. Lead me in Your truth and teach me, for You are the God of my salvation; on You I wait all the day” (vv. 4-5 nkjv)

    -Bill Dixon

    ReplyDelete